Monday, March 16, 2009

Things I have learned:

IR Photography, or at least the basics. Expect a lot more of this from me soon!

The wide and wonderful world of masks in Photoshop. Including color masking, near/far, merging focuses and other cool techniques (some of which are CS4 only).

How to set up, take a deep breathe, and really try to STUDY the scene I have. *Then* decide which lens/camera to use to capture what it is that I see.

How to check the ISO. A lot. And then exposure compensation (which on the G10 just LOVES to get misdialed. Grr).

I've also gotten quite excellent playing with my f-stops. F-stop professional, thank you very much. I want something, I get it. I like this power, and it all comes from knowledge.

I'm still not shooting *great* shots, but they are there. They are coming. A few can be done simply from judicious cropping and playing with colors in LR or CS3/4. I'm rather curious to see what sort of shots I can pull out the more and more I work with Lightroom and Photoshop.

I've also learned about fill flashes, especially outdoors (who'd have thought?) in shadows, in close ups, as well as in macros.

No comments: