Monday, March 2, 2009

Post-weekend and the steps ahead

I'm still in process of uploading images from this last weekend as well as going along and creating a 'best of' album'. Apparently running 5 uploads from 3 different computers kills your net connection. Who knew? After last night, I know. I am starting with the horses and as time permits, I'll go through the last several years of photos and pick out the better stuff, post process as needed, and go from there.

Print wise, I decided on the ones to have for 'display' at events, so I just need to process those files and order them. Also decided on the two prints to get done *everywhere* to show quality issues between the printers SM offers and Target, Walmart, Walgreens, Albertsons, Inkleys and even Harmons. THAT's a project I'm rather curious to see how it turns out. I think I'll print 5x7 but crop big (not 100% but close to it) so the details really come through. These will also include my first metallic images from EZ Prints and Bay Photos, so I'm extra excited to see how THOSE turn out :) The 'display' ones at the show are going to just be lustre since I'm self-laminating them as the frames have no glass (lighter, less dangerous and on clearance at IKEA that way).

Page 1: EZ Lustre & Metallic - cat
Page 2: EZ Lustre & Metallic - flowers
Page 3: Bay Photos Lustre & Metallic - cat
Page 4: Bay Photos Lustre & Metallic - flowers
Page 5: self-print: cat & flowers
Page 6: Walgreens & Inkleys - cat
Page 7: Walgreens & Inkleys - flowers
Page 8: Walmert & Target - cat
Page 9: Walmert & Target - flowers
Page 10: Albertsons & Harmons - cat
Page 11: Albertsons & Harmons - flowers

I did finish the pricing plan yesterday, although the 'multiple gallery' implementation …. Yeah. Not so smoothly there. I'm not pleased at the idea of going gallery by gallery, but I think getting off the mini and onto a full screen will help, as I might have been mis-selecting some of the choices.

And I'm danged if I can find the Portfolio level pricing. THAT's hidden away somewhere good and secretive.

Otherwise the to do list continues to get chipped away and grow at the same time. Looking into Etsy, I don't believe printed canvases will pass the 'handmade' muster, which makes me wonder about collages …. Which I rather like the idea of. Ooo! So I'm going to get some canvas and materials and use some of my own prints (must get printing again) to see how creative I can be. This also has the potential to be much cheaper, so I'll see how it goes. There's also the possibility of painting the canvases first, but that's definitely later down the road. Etsy continues to be a work in progress.

Oh and the lensbaby? All it took was a call to the company -- who had the items in stock -- and mention that my local store had nothing and was reporting no delivery until June and BAM! Two days later, they had my order in and were fully stocked. It's nice to be an enabler. I should get a discount for helping them restock there! Ha.

No comments: