Monday, June 1, 2009

first USDF show down, success!

The weekend was a blast with a very well run show -- tiring to take photos but I know all those tests now, that's for certain! When to take photos, how to capture, dealing with light, etc etc.

There's a bit of culling to do but not too much post-processing if any, which is a huge relief. Then uploading! This time I remembered to shoot RAW+JPG basic so at least I can do easy uploads and replace any that are purchased later on. Just have to remember to do that ....


The judge had some good ideas, including submitting a mini article and a few photos to CoTH for publication, especially as it was Promontory's first show. Huh. Never thought of that, but good idea all around! I'll have to pick out a few favorites (if that's possible, there's a LOT of good ones in there, yay!) to do that first.

There's no Utah 'rags' like Riding back in California, just our newsletters. Adrianna will handle UDS, not sure about RMDS. I'll find some that will look good in B+W and do the conversions myself. No one else seems to have a blood clue it seems.

So a bit of work to do, but not too too much. No more photography for a week and a half, but the Equine Photography class with EPNet is starting up, so I'll see what I can get from that, if anything. I presume so but it's a 'basics' class .... if anything, it'll get me out shooting more.

Things are looking good !

No comments: