Monday, June 8, 2009

Still learning, still practicing



Playing with IR photos, with B+W conversion but I've a long ways to go with these. Fortunately there's good reading out there in the Infrared League - when I get time for it.

Showed in the Chicken Event last weekend, taking time to practice on cross country a bit in anticipation of the help I'll be giving Lucy in two weeks' time. Good times and I expect the group of us to have some kick-ass photos :)

Mostly, a bit of lensbaby work. Class is over but getting some awesome shots still and pleased with the skills acquired. Need to get back into 'book' learning and applying that, but composition is my weakness right now. there IS a class for that but it's longer and more expensive -- and I'm not sure if I need it if I get through the composition books I have or can get from the library. Decisions. Probably one of the last past of my photography education. Well, LARGE parts.

Let's not even get into lighting and studios and portraits and other such.

Hoofprints schooling show this Wednesday -- a better idea on backgrounds and moments to shoot, so I think I can do this without taxing myself so badly this time. Yay!

No comments: