Wednesday, April 15, 2009

very very very small easter eggs

Reading continues and so does shooting. I played with the macro set up the other day -- to dangerous results. I managed to cut, squish, and tear my left hand in the process. Ouch! However, the focusing rail is WONDERFUL and I cannot imagine quite how people do macro work without one, at least without compromising their set up. I need to practice more and more with still life inside so I can get faster with outdoor work. I am not *that* fond of insects to want to do them for macros, but if I get the right opportunity … I want to capture what I want to capture.

Otherwise, finished up this the other day which was really quick (since the forms themselves I scanned and mentally noted for future reference):



Interestingly, this now gives me 3-4 different types of model releases. I need to seek out those other legal books to see what they say, as the one 'legal' photography book I've read does NOT suggest nor require compensation. And Heller's books require it to make the contract valid. At least this one noted it only applies in certain states. Ugh! However, the more I read the more I realize I DON'T need model releases, at least not for the type of work I'm doing right now.



For now I'm slowing down on the reading although the above is my 'casual' reading. I don't even know if I'll take notes from this tome. It appears to be rather comprehensive, but most of it I'll know already, although some concepts might be the first time I read them in writing. I've some excellent wedding photography books, but I don't want to tackle those quite yet. As well, the Minimalist Lighting book should be (or so I hope) excellent reading and good knowledge to know. However, I'm wanting to get down into macro-land a bit more and see what sort of skills I can develop.

No comments: