Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Biased

I have a confession to make, although it's likely to be unsurprising. I'm a Nikon gal, through and through.

Now mind you, I've nothing against Canon. I've more Canon friends than Nikon (sadly). Friends who want to get into dslrs are told by me to handle each line of cameras and decide which ones they like best.

For point & shoot, I prefer Canon myself so I'm obviously open to what works best -- for me.

But I admit one huge and horrible bias. I can never ever recommend any of the 'other' alternative lines of dslr cameras. Olympus, Sony, Minolta, etc. WHY choose an inferior line? One without as much support, as many choices, without relibility that they'll be around in 20 years (Sony? please).

And I can only look down on people who recommend these lines. ANYone who recommends a specific line over another gets disgraced in my eyes. I know it's a horrible bias combined with a quirky streak of fairness, but there it is.

2 comments:

Marc Payne said...

funny post. I started with a Sony DSLR A200. I loved it. I know alot of Sony shooters and they all love them to. As for the long term, I have a feeling Sony is here to stay. They took over the Minolta line of products meaning the new Sony DSLRs support using the Minolta AF lenses. This opens up a large line of lenses on top of what Sony has already produced. The Zeiss lenses are nothing to bat an eye at. They are killer lenses, but they can be pricy. That is my number one issue with the Sony line. I did switch to Canon and don't regret my decision. I love my 50D. I can't speak for Pentax or Olympus. Besides, it not what your shooting with, it's how you use it. Hopefully you don't look down on me now :P

Catspaw Photos said...

Nothing wrong it with, so long as you weren't shoving Sony down the throats as the 'answer' to anyone wanting to get into photography :)

And see? you SAW the light. Canon in the end ;) point proven.