Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Pausing to ... delete

How's that camera doing?

It's um … yeah. I think we all have 'pause' points in our development. Of course, vast and major sleep deprivation combined with a busy schedule has not produced the sort of scene where I feel like picking up a camera and tackling head on the never-ending challenge of rendering what I see into a digital image.

My brain is busy just trying to figure out WHERE to put things and organize enough so that the first floor of the house can be cleared out for the installers to put in the boxes of wood that now lay everywhere there was open space. It is a game of musical chairs minus several chairs and music that stops Friday morning. Suddenly, the idea of bookshelves on the stairs seems like a good idea. (bad idea, bad!) However, as the stairs are to be re-carpeted the following Friday, I don't get to live like this for long.

Purging.

It's good in life and it's good photographically as well. However, one of the HARDEST things to do, I have found, is click 'delete' on that photo I took that didn't turn out very well. I'll save them - badly exposed, shifting focus, not quite right - especially those last ones. Perhaps someday I'll be talented enough to make that image into what I want, right?

Fortunately hard drives are cheap, even if I haven't a decent backup scheme in place. Yet.

Whatever is going on, I know I can always feel better if I just tackle a box, a folder, a collect of files. Virtual or not, you just feel BETTER for clicking delete -- or hitting the bookshelf and bouncing it into the trash can.

Now, if only taking out the real trash was as easy as a right click. Heh.

No comments: