Sunday, January 3, 2010

a new year and .... ?

I did so much last year ... for the first half of the year.

I read, I educated, I travelled, I learned, I took classes, I found inspiration everywhere and then ... I burned out. Life had a lot to do with that, but even if I'd just put a camera in my hand, I'd have been better off. Instead, they collected dust.

Fortunately, mid-December this changed a bit for me (finally!) and I've slowly been on a photographic streak since then (no, iPhone photos don't count. Got plenty of those!).

Why do we burn out? Well, it was enough for my best friend to send me "The Artist's Way". However, a book can only do so much when what you need is either a reboot from within or someone wielding a whip and screaming at you like a drill sergeant.

In these months I actually found some interesting articles on inspiration, as well as adding my $0.02 into online discussions about finding that motivation and creativity again. Doesn't mean that it worked for me... yet. But it's something I'm willing to talk in more detail about for anyone who needs it.

As for me? Photo will be coming. I promise!

No comments: