Saturday, May 29, 2010

Rewards in return

Last week I took a pro bono assignment from an acquaintance from the local Utah photographers community. I figured the experience as well as the evening itself would be quite fun - and I was right! I grew up with my mother's artwork on the walls, so I didn't realize how much 'at home' I felt shooting an art gallery until I was there. A very delightful evening with both artists as well as several others (gallery owner, art students, etc) that I spent the evening chatting with between shots.

I still think this is my favorite of the evening:



Erin has been extremely happy with these photos -- she has had a lot of different showings, but when you are in the midst of the show, it's tricky to disengage and take photos of your own event. Her art is lovely and I can see why she's gotten such attention.

As for attention, some folks might hate the idea of 'free' photography. But it pays dividends. Check out the stats since she posted the link online:



Appreciation is a two-way street.

No comments: